Friday, June 15, 2007

Seeking Advice

The other evening I came in from the south field and found DOR (Daughter of Ralph) and SILOR (Son in Law of Ralph) talking in the driveway.

DOR: No, we are not.
SILOR: But why not Tiff?
DOR: Because we aren’t.
SILOR: But I don’t understand. He wants to go.
DOR: No. We are not taking Max (our dog) to Dairy Queen.

And with that, she got in the car and left SILOR and I standing in the driveway. SILOR turned, looked at me and said, “So, how do you handle situations like this?’

“That’s easy,” I replied. “You do this. . .”, nodding my head in the affirmative, “. . . then you get in the car.” That’s what SILOR did.

Laying down my tools, I started to laugh - I mean, really. Asking me for advice on relationships or marital issues is probably the equivalent of asking the devil how to find Jesus.

11 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

"Yes, Dear." always works.
Good one.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

You should also tell SILOR that this may not be the last time that he is wrong. And that he might try and get used to it.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

He's learning so well.
Head nodding is good. It says, "I agree with whatever you are saying, honey."
Very good indeed.

Another good phrase to teach him is this:

"You were right and I was wrong."

We women LOVE hearing that!!!!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Hahahaha!
And aesking if she wuold like seme chocolaete or a glass of wine is a good one too!
If yuo are interseted I did poested the rules on my siete a long teime ago...
http://its-a-raggedy-life.blogspot.com/2006/06/pms.html
Maeybe he culd use a copy...lol
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

1:28 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Happy Father's Day!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

LOL!!! You are doing a great job of training your Son in law.

7:14 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

I'm trying to think of something witty to say, but I think it was a sweet moment between you and SILOR.

If the dog would have gone to Dairy Queen what would he have ordered? Chili Dog? Milk Bone Shake? Dilly Bar-k?

7:24 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Great advice Ralph!! I think you told him the right thing.

Jamie Dawn is right. We love to hear "You were right and I was wrong." That's soothing music to our ears.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Train that SILOR. Since you've raised DOR, you know how to tell SILOR what to do. But, even with that, us women will do what we want anyway.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

I laughed outloud on this one - so true!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home