Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sunday Funnies

Each Friday night after work, Stubby would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Stubby's neighbors were Catholic....and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday.

The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The Priest came to visit Stubby, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Stubby attended Mass.....and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic."

Stubby's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.

The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Stubby's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement.

There stood Stubby, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: "You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish."

Courtesy of Dan Morrow

7 Comments:

Blogger nora leona said...

I can't wait to repeat this joke!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Ralph, Nora prompted a comment from me that I won't make.
I liked your joke.
..
Texas Tech just scored again. I'm supposed to be rooting for Oklahoma but that isn't in my blood. This time I will though because I don't want U Texas at Austin to be in the Big 12 playoffs. I'd rather see Missouri beat Oklahoma than Texas later.
..
Or will it be Kansas?
..

6:57 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, that was a good one Ralph!!! LOL

7:31 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I heard a different rendition of that joke a long time ago and I like yours so much better!
That was great!
Thanks!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) huggles
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one
Now I have to read about the fire..
TTFN

8:07 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Great one!!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

omg that is great, i think i peed myself!!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Ha, Ha, Tee, Hee, Hardy-Har!!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home