Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sunday Funnies

"Where is my Sunday paper?" the irate customer yelled into the phone when the newspaper office clerk answered.

"Ma'am?" the clerk replied, a bit confused.

"Where is my Sunday paper?" she repeated, even louder than the first time. "I only get one paper a week because it takes so long to read it! And it's not here! Can't you people do anything right!"

"Ma'am", said the newspaper employee, "today is Saturday. The Sunday paper is not delivered until tomorrow - Sunday."

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by, “Well, that explains why no one was at church today."

7 Comments:

Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I hate it when that happens. ;)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That sounds like something I'd do!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I've done that. How was your weekend Ralph?

8:10 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Yes, this is one of my all time favorites!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Lanny said...

It has been said that some folks need a mirror before they leave home, obviously some need a calendar.

8:21 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Ralph ~ This really almost happened to me... only I was actually trying to get the Saturday paper. After the second call in which they told me, that someone would be out there in less than an hour (the second time too). It NEVER did show up. I was relieved when I got the Sunday morning paper, just in case they were trying to make a point with me! jb///
P.S. Mrs. LZ and I were in your neighborhood on vacation over the last couple of weeks. With the exception of the Denver Mint (fruitless) Visit attempt... we had a great time in CO.!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Ralph, I dream about things like that!
Best wishes to the kids! Is this why there wasn't a Blogstock this year?
They could have been the first in history to have been married at a Blogstock Festival.
Q: Did you know why no one got married at Woodstock?
A: That was back in the days of 'free love.'
..

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home