Sunday, April 10, 2005

Blizzard



Some of my favorite people (weather forecasters) have been telling us for three days to expect a blizzard. First it was on Friday - didn't happen. Then it was Saturday - didn't happen (actually I was quite glad it didn't, I had to drive across the State). Then Sunday - well, after three guesses they got it right. I am not sure I would call it a blizzard, maybe a snowstorm, but here is how it unfolded at my house.

3:00AM: The wind woke me up. But no snow.
4:00AM: The snow started.
6:30AM: We cancelled church. Okay, we didn't cancel it, just decided not to go.
9:30AM: Finally get up. Have to admit it was pretty nice to sleep in.
10:00AM: A little breakfast listening to all the weather forecasters telling us to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary.
10:20AM: Had to go out - it was absolutely necessary. I need to see how bad the roads were. Things were not nearly as bad as they made them sound.
10:50AM: Home.
11:00AM: I am now considering taking a nap.

You have to love snow days.
Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Ralph, I'm in the spring mode. So if it's all the same to you, Keep it. Good blog.

1:00 PM  
Blogger bridgesitter said...

Me too Ralph. As much as I love snow, I'm ready for warmth and sun and warm breezes. But I like your pictures, it reminds me of when I lived in Fargo.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Sounds MUCH better than hurricane days!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Astrid said...

Wow, still snow? It is already April? Here in Holland we are already watching the tulips in bloom ... Maybe you should celebrate just X-mas again? Hehe ...

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home