Monday, May 22, 2006

Ralph on the Range

Last Friday night Tiffany, Nathan, and I went to a golf course to hit a few balls at the driving range. Nathan has been there several times, Tiffany has done this once, this was my first time. This is a picture of me. This is me on the driving range. Hence the title, Ralph on the Range.

When I decided to take up this ‘game’, I shared the exciting news with a person I work with. He is an avid golfer and is actually quite good at the game. He looked at me, shook his head and said, “Ralph I know what you do, I know what you have to deal with. Don’t you have enough frustration in your life already?” I probably do but I decide to try it anyway.

Sunday Nathan and I went out to play a par three course. In an ideal world, I would have shot a 27. I had a 61.

I got information on golf lessons later that morning.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Ralph, you look like a pro to me! Soon you'll be ready to give Cliff and his sons some competition!

I have never played golf other than the miniature kind.

(While you are learning we'll all stand behind you....WAY behind you).

9:12 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Good one Rachel.
A humbling game indeed. I can't wait to have a game on the home course here in Tekamah.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

But you had fun. Some of us never get much better than your 61. You might, but if you don't, it still can be fun.
..

10:58 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

hey you might not have done that great but you looked like you knew what you were doing. lol

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,
Did you hit all those balls that are out there on the range? How long have you been there swinging away?

Just give up and go find that infamous 19th hole!

11:51 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Laughing at the commnts - the lessons are a good investment.

2:49 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Nothing ventured, Nothing Gained! Good for you for tryin' something new! I've never tried golf, but you make it look fun.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

YOu look great! I hear that Golf is a great way to stay in shape, all of that walking. I hope that you had fun!

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home