Friday, July 21, 2006

All I Wanted Was. . .

. . . another digital camera, the one I had for years was starting to have some problems.

So, I asked that another be order. Within a couple days, it was setting on my desk with a note saying it was a ‘state of the art’ camera. I tried it but quickly discovered two major flaws. First, it had no viewfinder. While it did have a large LCD monitor it was hard to see what you were taking pictures of on a sunny day. Secondly, the majority of the pictures I took came out blurry. No matter what I did, the pictures were blurred.

So, after looking around and I found a few I liked. I asked that the new one be returned and one of these others be ordered. Well, my new camera arrived. It has a viewfinder. And I know it takes pictures that are in focus.

But look at the manuals that came with it! Of course, the first thing you see when you open the box is a slip of paper telling you that to prevent damage to the camera please read ALL the manuals first. Half the manuals are in English. I’m hoping I don’t void the warrant if I don’t read the others. Just the English version ones will take all weekend.

I flipped through one of them they are talking about things like macros, color swapping, postcard data imprints, and DPOF transfer settings. I think I still do better with things like power button, zoom, and focus.

See you Monday; I have some reading to do.

16 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

If you find the manual that talks about wife swapping... you're looking at the wrong brochure.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Mercy day O!! You better get youself a big tall glass of tea and prop your feet up for all that reading.

Sounds very complicated to me.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

That is a lot of instruction..
I guess trial and error is out?
I am sure you will breeze right through it..
Have a wonderful day
hugs

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,
I bought a Canon too. I kept the box, just to house all of the manuals. I still haven't read the instructions. Good luck with yours!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Good luck! I've had mine for months now- complete with multiple instruction books- and I still don't know everything it can or can't do! *G*

12:44 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Me again Ralph,
this is actually better than my first digital that came complete with 2 small pages in english. It had a lot of features but trial and error were the only method available for instruction.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

My husband opens the box, hands me the manuals to read, and starts fiddling around with the new ________ (fill in the product). I'm expected to let him know all about the warnings, "how to's", etc.
I thought that's the way everyone does it.....

7:50 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ralph, I have some advice for you.
Any time someone else uses your camera, tell them to only take a picture and not to try anything fancy, like erase a picture.
And, Format = Erase all pictures!!!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manuals pffffssssttt. Never use 'em myself. Yep, I'm one of those. ;-)

I love getting new gadgets, don't you? Enjoy, Ralph!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm glad for you about having a new camera. You are fortunate to have a manual.
Besides leaving the view finder off (mine doesn't, I knew that from the reviews), the manual says go to xyza1a.com for a complete manual.
The EasySoft manual is in four languages, none make sense. More is on-line.
..

10:37 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Manuals? I skim through them and then ask one of my kids to show me what to do... like how to set it up for automatic and how to use the focus. Also: "Please plug the thingy I need into the computer and leave it there so that all I have to do is put the plug into the camera and it automatically pulls up the screen I need to download the pictures."

6:16 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

still reading?
Wow!
Your next post better be a fabulous picture for us to view..hahaha

8:03 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ralph, are you still there?
Hello!!!
Is this thing on???

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Directions for new technology are so invovled it drives me nuts!
I still have not learned how to use all the parts of my computer, cameras, and cell phone and I am techno-savvy. It's a matter of not having the time.
It looks like you purchased a Canon? All of my digital cams are Canons. (I upgraded as I sold more photography.) Good luck!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

come baaaaaaaaaaaackkkk!!!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) huge huggles
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

3:08 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Hey, Ralph, still trying to sort thru all that material? Hope all is going well!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home