Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hey Batter, Batter

Char and I enjoy many meals with Geno’s family. Geno is my best friend who is now nine. Some of these meals are eaten at their home some at ours. It’s fun, easy and it fits with both families lifestyles. While I often refer to it as communal living, I also know I need to be careful where and when I use that word. For many, communal living is more than food. For us it is food.

They invited us over for a very nice dinner the other night and I offered to bring a salad and dessert. For dessert, I decided on double chocolate brownies. Geno wanted to help. Not a problem – it’s part of that communal living thing.

Geno’s job was to clean (lick the bowl) after the batter was mixed. He did quite well. He had batter everywhere, on his hands, on his arms, on his face, one his chin, and on his clothes.

While Geno and I were walking towards his house with the warm brownies, I knew someone had a lot of explaining to do about the chocolate on his shirt.

I just hope his Mom believed what I told her.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

That sounds like fun. I used to have grandkids come and let them make cookies. I helped with the mixing and removing from the oven but they got to cut them out and decorate them. They loved it' They got filthy, every ingredient from head to toe, and they washed up beautifully. And begorrah! They ate raw dough and never got a single worm!LOL

9:21 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hi Ralph. I sure am glad you explained that picture, I thought there were sores and skin pealing until I read.
Are you going to test us on the story you told his mom? It might not have been a new one.
..

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a Mother's Day card I got one year. It said, "A good mom lets her children lick the beaters. A really good mom turns the mixer off first." From the looks of that picture, you didn't turn the mixer off first.

8:31 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Yep thats all my kids are interested is the batter in the bottom of the bowl. They both need a bath after that lol.

Too cute.

Take care xx

9:35 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

So, he's a farmer And a baker. What's next for him?

12:30 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Betcha got in trouble! or NOT! The brownies must have been great! If geno was covered, they had to be!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

They sound real good Ralph. I hope you had enough batter left for a few brownies!! Looks like he is wearing lots of it!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

There's nothing better than batter out of a bowl. Yum!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

That sounds like fun!
So cute.
Hugs

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home