Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fun, Laughter, and Introductions

This picture shows smiles, laughter, and whole lot of fun. It might summarize the trip Char and I just took.

We spent five days traveling 2,220 miles crossing four states. It was a quick trip but a fun one. I am ready to do it again. Neither one of us have laughed that much in a long, long time. I think the people we were with also had a chuckle from time to time.

Our first and last stop were with great friends – Cliff and Marilyn. If you don’t feel comfortable around these two people – you won’t feel comfortable around anyone. They always have a smile and a great story to tell. Plus, the food they feed you is exceptional (to say the least) but more on that later.

We then went to stay with SOR (Son of Ralph). DOR (Daughter of Ralph) and SILOR (Son in Law of Ralph) came down to stay as well. Char and I also spent some “quality” time with. . . . (drum roll please) SORSO (Son of Ralph’s Significant Other). We met her before and have spent time together but on this trip she got to see a whole different “side” of me that most people don’t get to see.

She is a delightful lady. SORSO and SOR go together so well. As does DOR and SILOR. When we left I knew in my heart all four of them were happy – as a parent you cannot ask for anything more.

We jumped on the trampoline and I was fortunate enough not to break anything. We also practiced a little baseball, learned a cheer, and had several great meals – even though one did involve a high-speed chase across town.

Driving across four states you have a lot of time to think – at least I do. I was trying to figure to out the best way to write about this trip. There is always the highlight method – talking about what really stood out. I ruled that out.

Then there is the chronological method. You know – “Day One: The sun rose in the east. . . “ Nah, I’ve done that before.

So, I decided to introduce the theme method. Over the next several weeks, I will be posting stories that start with the theme, “Four states of . . .”
Stay tuned- it was a fun trip for us, hopefully it will be for you as well.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow a drum roll an all huh ? I fell so honored ... Thank you !
Hmmm ...Well after what I was put threw that will work !!!

Fun,Smiles and Laughter just don't seem to cut it ...
I remember more of the rolling around on the floor holding my stomach and crying .

Thanks for ruling out the WOW factor of the weekend .

It's funny, when you drove off all that I keep thinking is if you caught a chill the night before being that was such a draft in the air...LOL

Good times that will be cherished for a life time and visions that SOR will never live up to ...LOL !

Look forward to rest of your adventure .

4:02 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like you did have a great trip Ralph. I'm glad for that! Glad you didn't break anything on the trampoline either!

I do hope you include a picture of SORSO somewhere along in this adventure! I'll stay tuned........

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,
Buddy! You've been gone so long. Glad you had fun and got to visit with lots of good folks. Welcome back!

9:16 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time. i am so glad that you didn't lessons from my son and jump from a 6 ft wall onto the tramp landing on your head and getting concussion!! can't wait to read more stories and see more pictures.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Ralph, you got back just in time. There were rumors that someone was trying to hi-jack your blog. Mercy!

I'm looking forward to the continuation.

You mentioned three of your four states, "Fun, Laughter, and Introductions," do you have a hint for what the other one will be.

My guess is NEBRASKA.

GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!
GO BIG RED, NEBRASKA!

'Nouff for now.
..

:-)

..

11:06 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

What a great trip! I love the pic of you on the trampoline. I've never tried that and most likely won't., but it sure looks like fun.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

sorso, yep, that's a side of Ralph I haven't seen... and don't care to.
Ralph, I liked the esoteric feel of this blog. It's almost like we're not hearing the 'rest of the story.' I'll be patient tho.
Thanks for the entertainment. We're glad you stopped.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound so relaxed and happy.
Wonderful warm fuzzy post.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home