Friday, February 22, 2008

Sunday Funnies

An elderly woman had just returned home from an evening church service, when she was startled by an intruder. She caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables and yelled, "Stop! Acts 2:38!"

The burglar stopped in his tracks.

The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done.

The officer cuffed the man and asked him, "Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture at you."

"Scripture?" replied the burglar. "She said she had an Ax and Two 38s!"

9 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

You even signed your name to that?
Funny stuff R.

4:37 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

snort, giggle, hee hee.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

LOL! I love it!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

I got a good chuckle out of that. And then I had to go look up Acts 2:38. I'm gonna have to add that one to my memory verse list.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Very good Ralph!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Funny! That's what happens when people literally take what you say and not what it's meant to mean. AX vs. Acts!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Stop! :-)
..

10:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

This brought to mind something from several years ago.
Do you remember when that woman in Texas was executed who had killed someone with a pick axe?
It made big news because she had become a Christian and had done a lot of good in prison, and many people thought her sentence should be reduced to life.
Well, on the night she was executed, there was a person standing outside the prison holding a sign that read:

Axe and ye shall receive.

I have never forgotten that. I do hope the murderer was a Christian and a truly changed and repentant person, but I have to admit that the sign cracked me up. I may be warped, but was I REALLY supposed to feel sorry for someone who killed someone with a pick axe????

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laugh-out-loud funny! ... Deb

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home