Monday, February 04, 2008

Early Lunch

Around 5:00 this morning, I was in bed fighting the urge to stay there. I listened to the weather on TV and heard, “The snow will be starting around noon today.”

While getting around, the news continued in the background and three more times I heard, “The snow will be starting around noon.”


I got to work shortly after 7:00. The snow had already started. An hour later, this is what it looked like. I suddenly realized I was really, really hungry. No matter what my watch said, my stomach had heard the subliminal message, “the snow will be starting at noon”.

10 Comments:

Blogger 1 plus twins said...

oh that is too funny. so how much snow did you get???

9:13 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

The snow will be starting at noon. Let the feasting begin! Got to eat up to see you through until the thaw, like a hibernating bear, dontcha know.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Our weather says the rain (came east from your snow) will be starting at noon.
Should we look for it earlier? Mrs. Jim has a 9:30 tee time.
(Won't you just love living the retired life? Don't work too long!)
..

11:34 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Jim: You guys need tee times? How inconvenient.
In my next life I'm going to be a weather man. I'm already used to being wrong that much.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

That is indeed funny! Now, the rest of the story...did you go ahead and eat lunch at 7AM?

5:36 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Nothing like the power of suggestion Ralph!!! You probably need more meals to get rid of all that snow you'll get/got?!!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(tried to post yesterday but blogger butted in)

hope you enjoyed eating more than snowcones. :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

I'd like to be the weatherman. I can look at the radar map...and guess.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That cold looking snow makes me hungry for a bowl of piping hot chili and some cornbread.
We haven't had any snow yet. It will be great if we get through this winter without any. Last winter, we had one, light snow which melted by noon.
Stay warm and eat well.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Ralph, I just posted a "Bucket List" over on my joint. Wouldn't you know it? I accidentally tagged you--and Cliff. Come see.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home