Thursday, April 16, 2009

Statement of the Day

Have you ever heard a statement that at the time made sense and fit into the context of the conversation but latter made you laugh? Well, here is today’s.

Cliff and I were talking on the phone when Cliff paused then said, “Say, Ralph can I call you back? There’s a guy here I really want to talk to.”

Ten minutes later, I busted out laughing when I thought about it. “Say, Ralph can I call you back? There’s a guy here I REALLY want to talk to.”

Guess he had better stories.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Well, I really wanted to talk to him but he DIDN'T have better stories.
Sorry for not getting back in touch buddy.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I always knew Cliff was a flaky friend.

:-)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

You can call me, Ralph. I don't even have call waiting!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Another one of those word twisting situations.
Too bad the guy didn't have better stories. You could have shared.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Well Ralph, we see where you fit on Cliff's priority list.....lol.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Made you feel real special didn't he Ralph! :)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

When I was in high school, my married sister would phone home, and if Dad answered she would say, "Hey Dad, can I talk to Someone?". Of course, I must add, she and Mom were furiously planning her wedding, so there wasn't time for chit-chat, I guess.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home