Monday, September 28, 2009

And Unto Them. . .

. . . a child was born. And his name will be Cooper Leo Morrow. If you have read Cliff’s blog, you know Cooper was born at 7:49 AM on September 22. You also know he weighed in at 8 pounds 9 ounces and was 20 ½” tall.

I like Cooper much better than his first name. When I got to the hospital, the poor little guy was still nameless. Tom took me to the nursery to see ‘What’s his name’. Later, Tom and I went back down to the nursery to see if they were done with ‘What’s his name’. There was a moment in time I thought the poor little guy was going to go through life as What’s His Name Morrow. But, Tom and Stephanie decided on Cooper Leo.

Tom and Stephanie are great parents. All you have to do is hang around their oldest child to discover that. Besides that, they are really troopers. They put up with me the whole afternoon.

This is only the second baby in the world I have held before Char. It is the only baby I have held before Char that shares my birthday.

I’ll forget many birthdays but I think I’ll remember Cooper’s.

13 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

And you know what? He looks like his granddaddy. At least at the moment of these pictures.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Yes, the more involved at birth the more you tend to remember their birthdays.
And the older you get the more babies you will get hold at the hospitals.
That good looking kid is large and has a lot of hair. Are you sure they haven't been hidng him for a while?
..

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Thanks for doing that Ralph. And thanks for the post. I'll let Tom know about it.
Grandma M is down in Lincoln helping today and tomorrow. She'll have fun.
Thanks again buddy.

9:55 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Ralph ~ My gosh I thought I was on Cliff's blog for a second... I don't think he mentioned that there was a birthday connection between you and Cooper Leo though? It just must have been a small oversight. ~ jb///

2:20 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Congratulations to everyone. Little Cooper is a very handsome baby.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph, Thanks for the post about Cooper. Stephanie and I still can't believe that you drove all the way to Lincoln to see all of us. You are a very good friend and it meant the world to us. Thanks for everything. Tom

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Cooper picked a GREAT day to be born. I'm so glad he shares your birthday.

Congrats to Tom, Steph, Hudson, and the whole family! What a blessing Copper Leo is!!!!

The Reverend once misread the card displaying the name of a new baby born to a couple from our church in CA. Keith glanced over and thought the baby's name was HALE. He called that kid Hale and told everyone about going to see baby Hale in the hospital. It was not until the day "Hale" was to be dedicated to the Lord one Sunday that the couple laughingly told Keith that the card had said MALE, not HALE, and their son's name was Travis.

1:22 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Happy shared birthday! Cooper is a cutie! And I hate to be the one to mention it, but does he have more hair than you?

9:26 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Awwwwwwww What a beautiful baby! Cooper Leo. An interesting name. Several years ago I taught a kid named, Baby Boy. Honest. That was his for real name - worse than that, he was a Jr. It was his father's real name. Can you imagine? Cooper is not a bad name.

Well, at least there is ONE birthday you will remember, right?

6:44 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ahh, Cooper Leo is a cutie!! I'm glad you got to see him so soon after his birth, and you will not have any trouble remembering his birthday.

Cooper Leo is better than "What's his name!"

11:26 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Congratulations to them! And Happy belated Birthday, Ralph!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

It's moments like these...

Great post, Ralph.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Congrats to Mom and Dad, Granny and Gramps, and of course to Unca Ralph. May you have many joint birthdays together.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home