Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Downside

Early this morning I discover the down side to retirement – you don’t get snow days! Schools and government offices were being closed or put on delayed start times but not me.

Walking outside this is what I saw. So I did what I knew needed to be done I started shoveling and knocking the snow of the trees and shrubs. That’s when I discovered another downside – you have way too much time to think when shoveling snow. For example, over and over on the news they kept saying “spring snow storm”. Now it might just be me but . . . the words spring and snow should not be used together. Spring means green grass, colorful flowers, plants in the garden, leaves on the trees, etc. Snow means winter. Those two words should never ever be used together.



Also, I doubt if my solar lights will be on tonight. Hard to get recharged when you have snow on your solar panel.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Snow on my solar panel. Maybe that's my problem.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Peruby said...

Ewww... that's kind of depressing. I hope the sun comes out soon and gets rid of that monstrosity.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Wow! What a disappointment. Spring is not supposed to bring snow!
However I remember some nasty March snow's here too. I hope it melts fast. You could make snow ice cream.....

10:55 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I agree, these things do not belong together. I remember last week we had 70 degree weather here in CT, while TX got snow. Crazy!

I think you should have a sit down with Mother Nature, now that you have the time, and try to reason with her.

11:08 AM  
Blogger christopher said...

Whatever the description may be, I know I like snowfall at the start of winter and I sort of dread it by the end.

By the looks of that tree, I guess you had some heavy lifting to do.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Lanny said...

Love snow, I really do, but I would not love it now. It often snows in the spring for us, sometimes that is the only snow we see in a year, we had a bit just a few days ago, lasted an hour, but I'm pretty sure we won't see anything like your spring snow, uck, pretty, but uck.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Well, it's Sunday and the temperature was way up to 40 today. I did notice green grass. That means two things: the snow has melted, and the Lord is reminding us of the color of grass. It's kinda purty. Even when it cloudy, cold, rainy and wet.

By the way, I think the best way to shovel snow is to pay someone else to do it.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home