Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Party Time

I retired at the end of February. Last Saturday night was my retirement celebration. I was a little nervous going into it but have to admit I had a great time.

Tiffany and Jason flew in from Illinois. Nathan, Desiree, and the two grandkids drove in to be here. Cliff and Marilyn made the trek from Nebraska, and helped us a great deal in the days leading up to the event. Then over a 100 people from Colorado and neighboring states showed up.

The lady that coordinated it did an outstanding job. She bought a print and had it framed as a going away present. She also used that picture on the announcements and the cake.

I asked that it be a casual affair - show up when you can, leave when you must. It was. Some people stayed an hour, some for the whole thing, some stayed an hour after it was over.

I ended a great career with a great celebration. Thanks to everyone who attended.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

We had a great time but I didn't expect everyone at the party to be so darned happy.
Okay, not really but they sure did have a great deal of respect. Great job and congrats.

12:45 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

I'm glad you had a great party with such good friends and family. You're a good guy, Ralph. I have a lot of respect for you too.
Thank you for the comment you made on my last post. It was beautiful. I wish all of us had such understanding and respect for one another.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Congratulations, Ralph! It's Miller Time!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Glad it was a success. Thanks for the comment you left on my post in memory of my mother. I miss her something fierce.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Peruby said...

Best wishes for the future. That cake is making my mouth water.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

You deserved this great tribute from your friends and family. Congratulations! Plus they had confidence in your mental state since everyone had a name tag but you. Guess they figured you still know who you are:)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Lanny said...

Nothin' like a party, especially with cake and for a good reason!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

After 35 years you deserved it Ralph. I love the photo and seeing everyone! You all look so happy!

How neat that Cliff and Marilyn got to visit too!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

It sounds like a wonderful time. Congratulations Ralph!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I heard that a man is a success if he has to use both hands to count his friends. You're the best, Ralph.

1:54 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

It looks like you had an awesome time - but how could you not surrounded by that crowd? The cake is beautiful too.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home