Saturday, March 06, 2010

Sunday Funnies

Every Thursday afternoon, the pastor went to visit some of the elderly members of his congregation. He especially enjoyed visiting “Grandma Johnson.” That was because Grandma Johnson always had a little bowl of peanuts on her coffee table and the pastor knew that he was free to enjoy all he wanted.

“You know Grandma Johnson, I really like peanuts and I always appreciate that you share yours with me,” he told her one afternoon.

“Well, you’re more than welcome, Pastor. Take all you want. You know, since I lost my dentures, all I can do is suck the chocolate off of them.”

(Thanks to Paul)

4 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Man that's an old story. I hadn't heard that since my college days. Good one.
Jerry Clower used to spend about 5 minutes telling that story.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

An oldie but a goodie!! In my opinion that means those peanuts gave 2 people a treat and that was fine!!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Mercy!! That's too funny! I never heard it before, or maybe I did and forgot. I guess that's one good thing about being a senior. We can enjoy things all over again.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

That's a good one, Ralph. I put that on my blog a while back. Your comment: (from back when you left comments, before you retired) " "
Oops, you didn't leave one then either."
Adi was the preacher.
..

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home