Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Early Morning


When the alarm went off, I pulled up the covers, rolled over and cursed the people I was to meet. It was a 6:30 breakfast meeting an hour and half away.

I got up, stumbled into the shower, and then drug myself to the car a little before 5:00. With only a cup of coffee and my thought to keep me company this morning I wondered why I had agreed to meet them in the first place and why did we have to meet so early.

I kind of noticed the sun starting to rise but didn't pay much attention to it until I pulled off the exit. Looking towards the east, I noticed the sunrise above. So, instead of going directly into town I turned east, drove several miles, stopping off and on to take some pictures. The sunrise was spectacular.

As usual, I had the longest drive yet was the first one at the restaurant. Eventually, people started to show up and the small chitchat started when someone asked how my morning was going. So I told them the truth, "Beautiful, just beautiful."
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That is a gorgeous, colorful sky. I suppose it made the irritating part of your early morning worth it.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Astrid said...

Wow, had someone been painting on the sky during the night? Please ask them to come over here too!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I can't think of a reason why a breakfast meeting at that hour and that far from home would be acceptable to me. I hate mornings. But you were rewarded spectacularly, weren't you? :0)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

great photo and story my friend. I like being by myself early in the morn.

10:10 PM  
Blogger bridgesitter said...

awesome photo Ralph. Beautiful.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I'm not usually one for nature pictures, but this one made me say Wow!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Not being much of a morning person, I identified with your cursing the people you were to meet at 6:30 AM. I also love beautiful sunrises and have actually been up to see a few great ones. It does give you a great feeling to witness something so beautiful so early in the day.

Most of the time I settle for gorgeous sunsets!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Breathtaking! Hmmmm! I have to force myself awake to go shoot sunrises(unless I stay up all night...) The last set I shot the camera's focus was like my eyes-blurry, not green!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home