Friday, September 23, 2005

Feet Gone Wild


Most likely, these are the ugliest shoes you will ever see. They're called Crocs.

When my wife gave me a gift, I wasn't too surprised. Shes does that. But, I was surprised when opening it. Inside was the ugliest pair of shoes I had ever seen. Looking at them for a minute I had three reactions. First, in my head I was thinking, "What the (fill in the blank with the word of your choice)." Secondly, my face must have had a similar look or at least one that said, "Somebody please explain this to me." Fortunately, my third reaction was the one verbalized, "Thanks."

My wife went with reaction number two. She said they were called Crocs and made completely of rubber. They are suppose to be the extremely comfortable and conform to your feet. Crocs help eliminate soreness in your ankles and knees if you do a lot of walking or standing. They come with holes (for ventilation) and without holes. Plus, you can get them in a wide range of colors including some that are florescent.

Trying to act somewhat appreciative, I slipped them on and went to cook breakfast. Within twenty minutes, I was appreciative. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever had. Plus, talk about low maintenance - they get dirty take them outside and hose them off, they'll be good as new.

You see them in the grocery store, the mall, and on walking trails. I've even seen a college professor in a shirt and tie wearing navy blue crocs. I wear mine mainly on weekends.

Well, today is Friday. My feet will love it. This evening I'll be putting on the crocs. It's time for - feet gone wild.
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,
Those are beyond ugly. They're fugly!

7:39 AM  
Blogger taza said...

Oh gosh, you see Crocs in grocery stores out here. Of course, Arizona is Birkenstock land already, and they've been called ugly too. But if you listen to your feet instead of your eyes, you'll be better off!
:)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Enjoy your Crocs.
They are indeed UGLY! But, I guess your feet think they are beautiful.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

They look like they would be great for gunking about the yard or river! I will have to look for a pair in a color... maybe pink, or blue, or yellow... what do you think? Do they make them in those colors?

9:25 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rhodent
All the colors you mention plus a nice lime green, sunflower ywllow, and a few others I can't remember right now.
Ralph

12:00 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

UMM send soem to Cliff he culd use some his feet stink!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

why are all the women worried about my stinky feet. It happened just one time.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Astrid said...

I don't even find them too hideous! Am I weird for thinking that or am I just too accustomed to clogs and wooden shoes?

1:45 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

I'm with Astrid. They remind me of clogs... Also, thx for this endorsement and info. My hubba hubba has pain in his feet that the dr can't fix. I'm going to suggest these. I don't think they'll be allowed at work but for other times, sounds good! I'm happy your feet are smiling.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home