Wednesday, September 07, 2005

J.A. Miller

Do you know J.A. Miller? I don’t. I don’t know if the J stands for Jack or Julie. I don’t know if the A stands for Albert or Alice. I don’t know where Miller lives. I don’t know if Miller is married or has any kids. I don’t what Miller does to support the family. And, I certainly don’t know what religious beliefs Miller has.

What do I know about J.A. Miller? There are hundreds of thousands of them helping right now with Katrina. They are people working behinds the scenes to make things better. Miller might be putting in long hours down in the path of Katrina or Miller might be putting in those hours in their home state - but working hard to make sure things are done and things get better. When it is all over Miller might share a few experience with family and friends but you won’t hear Miller on talk radio. There won’t be any promoting on TV or radio for book deals about how great Miller was for monetary gain. No, Miller will go back to life, as it was, knowing that Miller did what they could.

What else do I know? There are a million Miller’s throughout this nation. People who gave of their possessions and their money, many of which won’t even get a Thank You. They gave because they wanted to.

So why talk radio hosts and politicians are all playing the blame game, who do you want to hear from? Who should you pray for? Who should you speak up for? The Miller’s or the talk show host giving their slant to what the politicians said? Your call.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Ralph, I left a comment a couple hours ago, but it's gone so....
This a work of art Ralph. Well said.... Thank-You Thank-You!!!

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post and you are so right.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

It's the Millers of our country that keep it a sane nation. I fear that we've lost a number of Millers over the decades, but when crisis occurs, the Millers are always there extending care and help.
Let's hope the Millers are being duplicated more than the blame-game, finger-pointing politicians.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

AMEN

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, Ralph!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Exactly.

11:47 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

NICE JOB THERE RALPH!! I like that name I seem to still use the plane Jane or Joe. I like yours better. This post says it all! thanks

12:04 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Giving and doing for others spontaneously from one's heart and anonymously (if possible) is the highest form of altruism.
(No discussion here about the media or politics from me b/c I've been less than pleased.)

3:54 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I know I'm a few days behind, but this is a classic that you should send to every talk-show host. Great post. Cliff said it right: "a work of art."

8:34 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Do moth balls work on millers too?

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home