Sunday, August 21, 2005

My Last Post

No, this won’t be the last time I post a story. Rather it’s a feeble attempt to explain why my last post disappeared. It was called ‘All Gone’. It talked about how the Morrow reunion was over, how the visit from Millie was a thing of the past, how Tiffany went back to school, and what would Char and I do now. But, it’s gone. Why? I’m not sure but I think the answer is in Baton Rouge.

A few years back, I was asked to go to Southern University in Baton Rouge and teach a class. I am not a teacher but I was looking forward to talking with and interacting with the kids for ten days. Almost every night one or more of the students would stop by my room wanting to take me somewhere. It was quite fun and the kids where young and full of energy and excitement.

One night three guys showed up and want to take me out and show me the ‘real’ Baton Rouge. As we were driving around, I started noticing the same logo on many of the storefronts. Finally, I asked, “I’m seeing this logo on a lot of stores. What does it mean?”

They glanced at each other in a way that made me think I had seen something or at least asked a question that I shouldn’t have. Finally, one of them replied, “Well, Mr. Campbell, that is the sign of voodoo.”

“Voodoo,” I laughed. “You don’t believe in voodoo, do you?”

More silence. More thoughts about that was a question I didn’t need to ask. Finally, one of them replied, “Mr. Campbell, it’s like my mama says, you shouldn’t go messing around with something if you don’t understand it.”

I sat there for a minute before replying, “You have a very smart Mama.”

Well, that’s what happened to my last post. I got messing around trying to make some changes to my site not understanding what I was doing. The question popped up 'are you sure you want to' . . . and without being sure, I kept clicking yes. Then my last post was gone.

My apologies to Jamie Dawn who left me some great suggestions and to Just a Mom who commented on the post. When I deleted the post, your comments were sent to cyber heaven as well.

But, on a positive note, it wasn’t as bad as playing with voodoo.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My creativity is so under-appreciated!
Trashed! Well, I guess that's okay since you visited my daughter's blog.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Sage advice from the youngster, Ralph. However, I wouldn't be using a computer if I heeded that advice.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Jamie - I did use one of your ideas. It helped us adjust.

Cliff - yeah I know. I'll probably continue to do it and screw something else up. At least I know what not to do.

4:08 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Well I didn't even know what I said. hehe Thanks for the boost,I am on my way out of the funk. :)

12:48 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Welcome to the club.

5:37 AM  
Blogger taza said...

Hey Ralph, wanted to check in and thank you for the comments while I was gone. It was nice to know that someone was checking in!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home