Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cell Phobia


For our purposes here, cell phobia will be defined as the uncomfortable feeling you get when you realize you don't have your cell phone or you are out of your service area. I have it in a big way. I absolutely refuse to go anywhere without my cell phone. I have declined speaking at conferences because they were meeting at locations that had little or no cell phone coverage. I'm not going to make any excuses - it's just the way I am, so deal with it.

However, my neighbor took it to new heights. He showed me how he mounted his cell phone to his bike handlebars so when we did our annual bike ride it was readily accessible. Liking the idea, I did the same thing with a little improvement - I added padding to absorb the shock.

If there were a local chapter of CPA (Cell Phobia Anonymous), I would most likely be a founding member.
Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph, You need help. Two of my best friends need to go to CPA, as well. One of them just had some cell phone problems; I thought his head was going to explode. I've never gotten used to the cell phone. I'm always leaving it at the house and forgetting it. Do you need to be available 24/7?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Well now I know you'll never show up on my doorstep. Half the towns around here don't get cell service. *G*

1:48 PM  
Blogger taza said...

Now that I've got a long-distance thing going on, the cell phone has become indispensable. East calls west in the p.m.'s, west calls east in the a.m.'s, and all the minutes are "free"! :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger taza said...

P.S. I linked you on my blog too!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That's nuts! My mom and you are alike. She NEVER is without her cell phone and she doesn't turn it off in movie theaters either. I've been embarrassed to death as she talks to a client DURING a movie!
My brother refuses to keep his phone with him. He says he doesn't want to be that easily accessible.
I'm somewhere in the middle... that is just right!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Goodness, What did you ever do before the days of cell phones?

6:23 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Just a quick hey, my friend is in the shower, I will get caught up later,,, bye

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Whurlie said...

Looks like you have yourself a 'flaming spammer', Ralph.

Would you like us to take him up to about 10,500 and drop him off for you?

Your friends in Aviation~

10:56 AM  
Blogger Astrid said...

I haven't seen a thing as such around her, but I guess it won't take long, coz we are biker's paradise and people seem to have a strong affection for cell-phones as well. What's your current ring-tone like?

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home