Thursday, September 01, 2005

Spending the day with Peaches

Tomorrow I will be spending the day with Peaches. It’s an annual event, one I have done for the past few years. My wife even knows about it and accepts it claiming it makes her life easier.

It’s only one day a year but it has always been fun and predictable. The day will play out like this. First, we will spend some time sorting things out. Since it’s an annual event, there is a lot to sort out. It always cost me some money but it’s worth it. Then we have to peel away what we don’t want and slice through the rest to see what is truly doable in the time allowed. This at times can be the pits.

By late morning, things will be getting a little sweet, sometimes just downright sticky. By late afternoon things are in high gear and sure to be hot and steamy. But, we have to watch the clock and make sure things are cleaned up and put away by the time Char gets home.

Yep, that’s right tomorrow I am canning peaches. With any luck, I’ll end up with ten quarts and a dozen or so pints.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Just for fun Ralph, give me a call somewhere between 'sticky' and 'steamy' and tell me all the details.
btw, Colorado Peaches, ARE the best.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Yummy! Yummy!
One of my favorite desserts is peach cobbler.
I have a couple of aunts who are experts at baking them.
I'm sure Char enjoys the results of this day.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing like fresh peaches! We had some 2 weeks ago when visiting my dad, and almost made ourselves sick from eating too many. It was great! :-)

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Peaches a squeeze from me, but don't bruise her! Happy canning day, Ralph.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Astrid said...

I presume that even if you didn't wash your hair with peach-shampoo this day, it still smelled like it, right?

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home