Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Mail Call

Having been traveling for a couple of days I was trying to catch up on the mail. Going through it was an adventure. You might even be able to relate to my comments in the brackets.

I won two free nights lodging at a five star hotel. (I just got home for cryin’ out loud)

I was eligible for a free flight anywhere in the domestic United States. (Yeah, you couldn’t tell me last week when I paid $900 for a ticket)

I might be a millionaire. (Call me when I am)

I’m pre-qualified for two credit cards. (Why do I need credit cards – I might be a millionaire)

I have four ‘free’ gifts waiting to be picked up. (If you could send me this letter why can’t you send my four free gifts?)

I can fly anywhere free if a friend accompanies me. (Of course my friend won’t be a friend when you stiff them for the price of my ticket.)

I am now a charter member and friend of a new local non-profit group. (Hey, you guys since we are friends do you want to fly somewhere?)

I am one of the few people selected to attend double value days. (What the heck are double value days?)

If I act right now I might be one of twenty people to get a free digital camera. (What do I have to act like?)

My instant points will expire if I don’t use them. (Darn it - I was afraid that would happen!)

But, my all time favorite was – I could choose the earrings I liked best and they would be my free gift. (If I wanted earrings, I could borrow some of Char’s – they are pretty nice.)

All this while trying to find out which bills were due.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph, I think you get more crap mail than I do! I managed to ditch most of mine when I moved from Oklahoma to Indiana. Pull up a chair and a trash can; let's sort the mail.

10:27 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

UUUMMMM you don't know it but,,, us wives plan it that way. We take out all the good stuff. hehehe

1:02 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

And we thought spam was just an internet problem.
I love your thoughts, and I can relate to your feelings of suppressed anger.
Please, don't even think of wearing Char's earrings. Your adopted status in the Morrow family will surely be in jeaopardy.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Great post! I put up a similar one several weeks ago. You know I am a ka-zillionaire, don't you? You might be one, too. All those African people that keep leaving untold fortunes behind. Check your e-mail; maybe you're the one and only person in the US that can get the money out of a Swiss bank account. Send them your bank account number first so they'll know where to send your loot.

Still a great post!!!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Ralph, JD's right. If you come to a Morrow Reunion wearing an earring, it will be very difficult hold back the political machine. Your probation period is not even close to being over.
btw, great post.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Very funny! I have similar thoughts as I sift through mail from marketers who obviously didn't know their target audience. At least it isn't boring! *G*

12:11 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

But I was certain that I was the only one who got that prize! What a disappointment!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:10 AM  
Blogger taza said...

lolol....funny stuff ralph!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

A new post would be much appreciated.
I understand that good writing is like a fine wine; it takes some time to mature...
I really don't know a thing about wine. I hate the stuff.
I'll check back again...

3:41 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Really wish I could hold out and not post to add up the comments. Guess I just need to blab.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Okay, okay, I got the hint about a new post. Actually, I've just been quite busy. Jamie and Cliff - I ruled out the earring idea. Well, . . I never ever considered it.
Ralph

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home