Monday, September 19, 2005

The Sunday Paper

So, how bad was it? Bad. Really, really bad.

It started out on Saturday as a fun drive to the Anheiser Busch plant to see the Clydesdale horses. I had never seen them up close. Those animals are huge. While walking around the grounds I started feeling sick.

On the way home, I pulled over because I thought I was going to get sick. I didn’t. At least until I pulled back onto the highway and drove another twenty feet. That’s when Char decided she would drive the rest of the way. I started to argue but . . . well, she was right. I was to sick to drive and that one nagging thought kept going through my mind – “When I threw up did I get any on my van?” Yeah, I really like that van.

Getting home, I went directly to the couch. I didn’t want Char to get sick so for the next few days the couch would be “home”. It was quite an adventure. Eat, get sick. Drink, get sick. Think about anything, get sick.

Sunday I was still on the couch when Char went to church. She called after church to see how I was feeling and if I needed anything. She also told me she was going to have a coffee with one of her friends. I’m feeling bad, no I don’t need anything, enjoy your coffee but check on me. (Yeah, I am such a baby when I am sick. Not to mention I am not in a real good mood either.)

Anyway, she called from the coffee shop and our conversation went like this:

Me: Hello.
Char: How you feeling?
Me: Bad.
Char: Can I get you anything?
Me: A paper.
Char: A paper?
Me: Yeah, a Sunday paper. I want to see if I am listed in the obituaries.

That last statement made me laugh, which in turn made me sick (again).

Finally, it’s Monday and I feel better, not great, but better. I also realized I never got the Sunday paper. That might be a good thing. I am feeling well enough now that I don’t want to know if I was listed or not.

11 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

POOR BABY,,, try and have a baby there guy. I am not being nice to you guys today for wome reason,,,, you get the "sorry"

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Just a Mom
The sick thing was bad enough. If I had to have a baby the world population would come to a halt. Have a little mercy here - I was sick.
Ralph

1:08 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That was a funny little quip. I'm sure Char chuckled with you. You were really miserable! I'm glad it is getting better. Having the barfs is not pleasant. For now, thank God, your name isn't in the paper. Let's keep it that way!

1:14 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

you be soo lucky you have such a caring wife..I would never call and check on mine even if he was puking in my bed..lol

hope ya get feeling back to normal soon...I hate the throw ups..nothing worse..

well i take that back pushing 9 pounds babies out of something the size of an orange is pretty bad:)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

It always helps when you can crack jokes and puke at the same time.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor guy!
Is there nothing worse than puking? You try to hold it back. Then you try to puke, and you can't. Uggh. Makes you wish you were a kid again and can just go BLAP, and then feel better immediately. There is one perk: you lose weight, and might even have six-pack abs when you're through.
Get well, Ralph!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I SAID SORRY!!!!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Hope you feel much better soon! I'm glad you didn't "bury" your sense of humor.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Oh MY, , I just read the labor references and you posted on my younger daughter's BD, when I told some (not in blogland), labor stories to curl one's toes..... Yep, that is worse than barfing, but you still have my empathy. I've only given birth twice and upchucked a lot more times than I want to remember. Feel better!

3:12 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Holy cow Ralph two blogs, two days. Good job.
Sorry to hear you're feeling ralphy, Ralph. Hope all is better now.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Sounds like me last week. Glad you're feeling better now!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home