Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Jeans or Genes

I told my wife I had some weird thoughts when I was sick. She just looked at me. It was the look that said, “You have weird thoughts when you’re not sick.”

I keep looking at the remote control on the other side of the room. I wanted to change the channel but getting up to get it required to much effort. So, I laid there watching and sleeping through three hours of the Incredible Hulk. The story of Dr. David Bannister and his experiment that went awry. Now when becoming outraged he turns into an incredible green hulk. After three hours of this “stuff”, I started wondering some things.

When Dr. Bannister becomes outraged, he grows and his shirt is ripped off exposing his bare green chest. Last year I saw a movie, 'The Worlds Tallest Woman’ it’s the story of woman who grew from five foot five inches to over eight feet tall. Yet, her bikini top always seemed to fit. How can that be? Or, how about going the other way. When the kids in,” Honey, I Shrunk the Kids”, were reduced to the half inch or so their clothes seemed to fit. How can that be?

And what’s up with this green thing? The worlds tallest woman didn’t change colors neither did the kids when they were shrunk. Plus, when they changed, you could still recognize them, but no not the hulk.

Then the jeans. When Dr. Bannister gets outraged his jeans, which is all he wears, seems to split right up to his . . . well, waist. How many pairs of jeans did he go through? The pants on the world’s tallest woman always seem to match her bikini top. Is she just naturally a better dresser? And those shrunken kids, their clothes never got dirty. They ran through fresh cut grass and never a grass stain on any of them.

I’m glad I feel better but inquiring minds want to know.

9 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

UUUMMMM Yeah Ralph I also think your thinking too much. IT WAS TV.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, Ralph. What were you taking? Save some for the rest of us. I don't think anyone has ever put that much critical thought to viewing "The Incredible Hulk".

7:37 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I have some old clothes that fit me like that too. But my skin doesn't turn to green unless I get sick like you were.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Those are the deep, unanwerable mysteries of life. You will only get answers when you are in heaven.
I love the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" movie, as well as the one that followed, "Honey I Blew Up the Kid."
My kids and I watched those several times.
As for the clothes staying on... I'm so glad they did.

9:20 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

oh my..my son who is 8..was obessed with the hulk last summer..we would have to watch it n the sci fi channel daily..he would ask the same questions...he asked me ." if he knows he is gonna get mad everyday..why does he bothrer putting pants on.." lol

great minds think alike Ralph:)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Hi everybody
Like I said - I WAS SICK.
Mom - yeah, it was just TV but after three hours . . . .

Jerry - I was taking an overdose of TV mixed with cold medicine and the flu. Trust me you don't want it.

Cliff - Now that you mention it, I might have been green. Never felt well enough to look in a mirror.

Jamie - So, you think the hulk will be heaven?

Christina - your son asked a really good question.
Ralph

12:11 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Well, I seem to remember that the kids AND their clothes got shrunk together. I was always glad that the Hulk did not rip his clothes to the point that they would fall off. That would have been way too scary.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the TV/movie ladies? They cross the prarie in covered wagons and never wrinkle or dirty their satin gown and they never have anything but flawless make-up and perfectly groomed hair. I can't manage that look even when traveling in an air conditioned car.

10:35 PM  
Blogger taza said...

yeah--this is just the sort of thing that makes most movies and television shows impossible for me to watch. i have a tv, but not an antenna....i watch dvd's (and soon will be getting a vcr/dvd combo so i can watch the tapes that have been gathering dust for the past 6 months).

i usually watch documentaries for just the reason you mention--logic!

yeah the ladies who milk cows, traipse through mud puddles, and get ambushed by injuns never seem to get a wrinkle or stain on their clothing. plus, seems like they and their families all have such nice straight white teeth!

*too much of a realist to enjoy fiction*

*too much of a dreamer to accept reality*

guess that leaves me on my own little fence, hehehe!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home