Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Colorful Colorado II


It was near Eagle, Colorado, when I saw this stand of aspen mixed in with the fir and spruce trees. I tried taking a picture from the car at 75 miles per hour but it came out blurred. So, I pull off the shoulder of the interstate to take another. This allowed me the opportunity to visit with a Colorado State Patrol officer (who pulled up behind me). He informed me I was in an "emergency parking only" area. I told him I just wanted a quick picture. He looked at me, the decal on my car, and then the aspen before declaring it an emergency. He even turned on his red lights to slow down other motorist until I got my picture.
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Now, that's what I call a public servant providing service to the public. Great shot.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hey JD, this public servant is taking personal pics on public time. But thanks Ralph.
We had our tractor or combine start a soybean field on fire today. Got about 5 acres before the TVFD got it put out. VERY windy. All of the neighbors came to help also.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

What a great story, with a wonderful photo to go with it. :0)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

I have to rely on my charming smile or agility as in "shoot & run" for photo shoots "off-limits." Terrific shot & story.

1:59 AM  
Blogger bridgesitter said...

spectacular photograph!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Astrid said...

Haha .. what a story, what a photograph!!!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home