Saturday, October 08, 2005

First Snow


I hate snow. Also, I am not overall excited about being cold, scraping windows, shoveling driveways, and putting up with people sliding down the highway at 70 MPH. While is my least favorite season, it is the one that seems to hang on the longest.

However, I have always appreciated the first Fall snowstorm. Mainly because it is somewhat refreshing. It is never much snow, rarely does it stick to the roads, and the temperatures don't get to cold and they bounce back rather quickly.

October 5, we experienced the first measurable snow fall in Colorado in the Fall of 2005. It was just a little of two inches and lightly coated the trees and the ground at the top of Vail Pass. The elevation of Vail Pass is 10, 662 feet.

Here's to any early Spring.
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

This is beautiful Ralph! I like snow when I don't have to drive in it. It's wonderful for long walks before returning home to hot chocolate and a fire (in the fireplace, where it belongs). But after Christmas it begins to lose its charm for me and I am ready for a new season. At that point I would agree with you whole-heartedly.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Just looking at your pic is enough snow for me for the winter. I've never looked at snow and said "that's beautiful".

1:48 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I think a beautiful snow on Christmas Eve would be wonderful and that's it. No more.
We lived in South Dakota for a year and a half after we got married, and then in Aurora, CO for about a year and a half or so after that. I had my fill of snow and cold winters. I don't like it!
I do think it looks gorgeous though, but I don't like to go out in it.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Don't eat the yellow snow Ralph!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Living in Florida most of my life... and all of my adult life makes this easy to say... I LOVE the snow.

I get very tired of the heat 11 months of the year. For instance... here it is themiddle of October... it is still hurricane season and the high to day will be 90 degrees!

I don't think that I would like to have to drive in the snow, though. But it is definitely fun to visit and play in on occasion! Sort of the same reason that we get so many snow birds down here I guess.

It is definitely a beatiful picture to me. Enjoy it Ralph, and go South at least once a winter!

10:17 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

WWWWAAAAAAaaaaa you go from GREEN to YELLOW,,ORANGE RED,, to WHITE!!!!!!!!!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home