Monday, December 12, 2005

Gone But Not Forgotten

This is the top of my head. My wife took this picture at the Morrow family reunion last August. Even after seeing this photo, I still love her.

Some people may think I am deep in thought, others that I'm being prayerful – the truth is I was laughing at Les Morrow, who is a great storyteller.

Besides those lonely strands of hair, a few things should be pointed out. It’s amazing how few times we really see the top of our head. I thought I had more hair than that. Also, my barber might be a liar. For years, he’s been telling me it was thinning. There is a big difference between thinning and GONE. Given how little hair there is, could you in good conscience charge fourteen dollars for a haircut? Maybe seven dollars, but not fourteen.

I wear a hat a lot and now I know why. If you notice, right in the center it is pretty shiny. On a bright day, if I were to tip my head just right I could blind somebody.

I use to have hair. It may be gone but it is not forgotten.

10 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

I just love your sense of humor!

As for your barber, perhaps a refund is in order? That is, if you're sure he isn't responsible for your present condition... *G*

11:33 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Hey, Is that Bruce Willis? It's ok Ralph. God made a few perfect heads,, and the rest have hair on them.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

No Ralph, I knew what you were doing. I was there. We thought there was a good chance you may not survive that laugh attack.
Also, did you really think when we said "Ralph, you need to comb your hair", that we were using the plural form of hair??

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Morrows (including newest brother Ralph) need to get brother Les to write a blog. If it got Ralph laughing so hard that he showed off his shiny head, Les must have some great stories.

BTW, a bunch of women were looking down at the top of my head while I was trying to work (blog) yesterday. They said that I was getting thin on the top and gray on the sides. I feel your pain, Ralph.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Aravis - thanks. You might you might be right about the barber. At least now, when he asks, "a little off the top?" I'm going to reply - that's all there is - a little.
Dan - funny how they don't turn perfect for quite a few years isn't it.
Cliff - see Jerry's comment, he has a great idea about Les there, any chance of him starting a blog? Also, I guess I misheard you about the combing. Okay, not really.
Jerry - you were surrounded by a bunch of women and could still write?

7:26 AM  
Blogger taza said...

oh my, maybe time to get out the clippers and just do away with those few proud survivors. shaved heads are the thing lately, so you could make it look like a pro-active choice rather than simple attrition.

i've often wondered about shaving my own head, just to see what shape it is, but never wondered seriously enough to actually think about doing it. for which i am thankful.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ralph, when I first saw that picture, I just thought you were giving the projector a choice.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I have to admit that I laughed when I saw the picture! I mean not because you have just a wee bit of hair, but because I knew right off it would be a funny post!And it was!

But you know what? Hair does not grow on a busy street.....

7:30 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

YOu "bowled" me over with your sense of humor! If I ever blog about my missing body parts, I'll have to credit your post!

6:51 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OK so is there like 8 stans and you do the whole brush over thingy or are there a bunch of little strans? Cause I would say if it is a brush over just cut it off. Just as well show off he beautiful shine baby!!!!!!!!!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home