Friday, December 09, 2005

Why I Eat Breakfast

First of all, I am in no way blaming my wife. It clearly wasn’t her fault.

Char had planned a great anniversary weekend getaway for us. She had booked a room at a very nice mountain Bed and Breakfast. We planned to have nice dinners at local restaurants, drive to a near by town to visit a winery, go on hikes, set in the hot tub at night sipping wine, and . . . . well, never mind. It was going to be a fun and relaxing weekend.

Then disaster struck.

One morning, before breakfast we were out for a walk. The air was crisp and cool, and the bright rays of sunlight held promises for the new day. When, all of the sudden, we heard rustling in the forest behind us. Without warning one of the largest bears I have ever seen came charging down the hill. Not wanting any harm to come to Char, I yelled for her to flee and save herself as I turned to hold off the gigantic, savage beast. The battle ensued for what seemed like hours, but I'm sure it was only a few minutes. Suddenly, it grabbed my forearm. Unable to continue the fight I was about to surrender to my fate . . . when I glanced at my watch. Breakfast was ready – we'll continue this later.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Char just needed to get that gun of hers and put you out of your misery... uh, I mean kill that bear.

Happy Anniversary!!

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some people have great imaginations of how things really happen don't they honey?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I think you must of had some of the wine before you left on that walk....

8:48 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Char has told me many times, she would say, "Ralph told you that, well he has quite the imagination doesn't he".
I guess you do Ralph, I can plainly see that's a trained bear.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

What a tall tale! Anyone with eyes can see that you are the aggressor here...

*G*

10:42 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Jamie - I am sure she has wanted to many times.
Anonymous - you were there, you know it is almost true.
Just Help Me - I thought about it but I knew she didn't have enough bullets to stop that beast.
Rachel - No a drop. There was none left over from the previous night.
Cliff - Okay it was a trained bear. But be careful, very, very careful of what Char tells you. You know she once held a gun.
Aravis - The only way I could have started it is if the bear didn't like my singing - wait, no one like likes my singing.

9:09 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OK Val asked the question I was gunna, MAN I hate when that happens.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Ralph & Char,
Gee- the bear could have picked better timing. Afterall, it was your anniversary! ;)
Happiest of Anniversaries, Ralph & Char, and many many more.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Cute story

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home