Saturday, December 03, 2005

Question of the Day - 12/2/05

Question: Did she find the insurance policy?

Background: Yesterday morning I was upstairs shaving when from the kitchen I heard my wife yell, “You ate all that beef jerky?” I did what most men do in this type of situation – I yelled back, “What?” It only buys you a few seconds but for some reason we need the extra time. She repeated the question as I walked into the kitchen. A spirited conversation followed something like this:
Wife: The bag was full.
Me: It wasn’t that full.
Wife: It was full.
Me: I gave some to the dog.
Wife: How much?
Me: Half a piece.

Then I heard how much salt was in jerky, how it wasn’t good for my high blood pressure, how it was less than a week since we got the bag, how I need to eat better, etc. All good points but she missing one key factor – that beef jerky was really, really, good.

That afternoon she called me from the store. They were having a sale on roast and she wanted to know if I wanted her to pick one up.
Me: Sure, pick one up.
Wife: How big?
Me: Large enough to feed six people we’ll have the neighbors over.
Wife: It’s not the kind of roast. It’s the kind you make jerky out of. (Side note: This is where I removed the receiver from my ear, stared at it, and thought, “What the . . . “)

Just a coincidence - I think not.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Ralph, when they say it's not the money, it's the principle,, it's the money.
When they it's not the jerky, it's your high blood pressure, it's the jerky.
Should I send this half a bag out to Char, or did you make her some??
I would think you would be enough to raise Char's blood pressure just by being you, but if she needs jerky,,,get to slicing.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Cliff - they built a Bass Pro Shop in Denver, clear across town. I have just returned with jerky seasoning. About me raising Char's blood pressure - well, it's been known to happen.
Cheryl - thanks for stopping by. Tried going to your site could only get to the profile page
Ralph

2:04 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That must be some good beef jerky Ralph, for you to eat the whole thing! Hope you got some more made so she won't have to need the insurance policy after all....
next time I expect she'll ask for her own bag!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Sounds like the jerky was worth a little rise in blood pressure... just make sure you take your bp pill!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Shame on you for not saving your wife any beef jerky! She was probably all pysched up for the taste of it!!! hehe!!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to share the recipe?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Death by beef jerky, I could think of worse ways to go.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Sounds like Char may have a plan.
"Eat all the jerky you want, honey. I made it extra salty this time."

3:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Good one Jamie!! (Hope you are wrong though)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Well, and did you ask her? Did she find the insurance policy? *G*

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home