Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm Wearing Her Down

When I wanted a small tractor for the north field, Char said no. She claimed it wasn’t an “official” wedding expense.

When I wanted a riding lawn mower, she told me to go get one. While her words were positive, I sensed this might not be one of my wiser purchases – I like our bed.

A few weeks back we were driving and I casually mentioned how many men my age and older were buying motorcycles and growing ponytails. She just looked at me.

About that time, a guy in his early sixties pulled up next to us on a motorcycle. I gave him a little wave. He waved back and smiled. I remarked how happy and friendly they all were. Char told me I wasn’t going to get a motorcycle.

Now, I’ll admit it, I’m not exactly sure how women make these snap decisions. I mean she really didn’t think it all the way through. She didn’t picture me coming home after a long day on the open road, taking off my leather chaps, and smiling as I wiped the bug “juice” from my glasses and teeth.
So, I thought maybe a little visual stimulation might be in order. I located a motorcycle, a really, really, nice Harley and had this picture taken. Yet, even with this as enticement she told me I was not going to get a motorcycle.

She also mentioned I had bike hanging out in the garage. Then while staring at my waistline she mentioned I should ride it more often. She might have a point.

But, all is not lost, there’s still hope. . .



. . . she hasn’t said anything about the ponytail.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miracle Grow???!!!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Just stay with it, Ralph. You can wear her down if you play it right.
Of course I wanted a motorcycle but I convinced Mrs. Jim that a Mustang convertible would be a lot safer.
I started calling it an 'old man's four wheel motorcycle.'
It worked.
..
ohfuak
..
Oops that was what I copied from your 'WORD VERIFICATION' type me.
..
Here is what I wanted:
I'm back, and even posted a couple of blogs today.
At PHOTO PLACE and LITTLE BLOG.
..

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They say that blonds have a lot more fun … Ahh I can tell that is factual information.

7:30 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

You like mighty spiffy on your Harely there Ralph.

I have to agree with Char though. I mean I wouldn't want my beloved Scraggy on a motorcycle either. To many hmmm how will we shall we say it, dumb *** on the road.

But the new hair do is a must.

Take care xx

8:11 AM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

now where is the picture with the chaps so she can really she what would be riding up to greet her?? oh.... never mind!! lol

8:29 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Sometimes I just don't understand wimmen.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ralph, the bars on that Harley are too high for my taste, but it looks like a great bike otherwise. I'd much rather have that Mark LT that's parked behind you there! Now that is REALLY to my liking!! Is that yours???

Maybe you should try for a scooter first?? Then work your way up!

What can I say about the hair. You are looking more like Willie Nelson every day. Might as well get a guitar while you're at it.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

What could be more attractive than watching your husband scrape bugs off of his teeth? I can't see why she objects.... *G*

8:32 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

1. I like your bed too. I've slept in it. (but we changed out the women first)
2.Don't get a motorcycle. my mind hearkens back to a time when you were on Tom's jet ski.
3.The wig will do one thing. It will add two words to the questions I get when you're gone after a visit here. Instead of "who was that?" They will add "the hell" to the question.
(assuming that IS a wig)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Maybe it's just the idea of the freedom that seems to go with Motorcycle's that you want. Take a little vacation with your new pony tail and see if that will suffice.
Motorcycle's are dangerous!
As for bugs on your teeth. I'm sure you can pass.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

FUNNY!!!!!
I'm usually not a fan of men with ponytails, but for you I must make an exception.
I'm sure Char is just thrilled with your cool, new look.
She must gaze at your lovely blonde locks and say, "What a macho man I have. I am so lucky!"
I'm sure she will change her mind about a motorcycle. Next thing you know, she'll be begging you to get some chest and arm tattoos.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

That wig is YOU! Now, just try her with you as a brunette and a red-head.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

You look good on that bike...kinda like it was made for you and vice versa. The ponytail I'm not so sure about.
Anyway, we love our bike.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Yep. Tattoos are next. And that's not always a bad thing. Keep the ponytail forever. :)

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home