Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sunday Funnies

I have always enjoyed Rachel’s posts called Sunday Signs, some of them make you laugh, and some of them make you think. However, all of them are good.

That and the fact I received or heard about seven funny religious jokes lately has inspired me to start a Sunday post called Sunday Funnies. Each Sunday I hope to post a joke. By the way if hear of any good ones, suitable for posting, please get them to me.

I realize this idea might bother some people. But, I am convinced if anyone has a sense of humor it is God. So, here is the first of hopefully many Sunday Funnies. It’s only fitting that the first joke came from Rachel.

Which Service?

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex standing in the foyer of the church staring up at a large plaque. It was covered with names with small American flags mounted on either side of it.

The seven-year-old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the little boy and said quietly, 'Good morning, Alex.'

'Good morning, Pastor,' he replied, still focused on the plaque.

'Pastor, what is this?' he asked.

The pastor said, 'Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service.'

Soberly, they just stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Finally, little Alex's voice, barely audible and trembling with fear, asked, 'Which service? The 8:30 or the 10:45'?

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hey Ralph!! Cute joke!!! I'll probably think of it during the service in the morning!! Ha!!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Oh this is so good!! I was laughing so hard I snorted.
I love your idea to post jokes.

10:12 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

ha ha that was great!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

It was the 10:45 service. I was there.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Good one, Ralph. Can I send you a couple?

And Happy Birthday!!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RALPH!!!!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Happy birthday! And thanks for giving us the gift of laughter!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Perri said...

I loved that joke - sent it on to our pastor.

Thanks.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home