Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2,895 Miles To Northridge

Heading home from Nebraska I realized it has taken almost two years and 2,895 miles to play the Northridge Country Club. From now on, I’ll call and schedule a tee time.

I took my clubs out one year at harvest but it rained the entire time I was there (1,158 miles). I took the clubs out again at Blogstock with the hopes of playing but we were having way too much fun with everything else (another 1,158 miles). Finally, on this trip we were able to play (the last 579 miles). Add up all the mileage and I have traveled 2,895 miles to tee off at the Northridge Country Club in Tekamah.

While it was cloudy and cool I had a great time. I think Cliff did too. We didn’t keep score but there was no doubt Cliff won. I don’t think it mattered to either of us.

When we were done, Cliff gave me some advice. I tried it and I’m convinced it will take several strokes off my game. Makes you wonder why he wait until we were done to tell me but. . . .

After golf, I HAD to buy a Northridge hat and one of my newest prized possessions – a Northridge logo ball.

I only spent one day at the Morrow’s but as usual, it was full of fun, food, and laughter.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

You couldn't have had as much fun as I did. What an enjoyable visitor you are.
Next time bring Char. I'm just sayin.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like it was worth all the miles to finally get to play Ralph. Glad you and Cliff had a good time!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Geez Louise, Ralph! When are you and Char going to stop by my place on one of your visits to Nebraska? I'm a good cook - just give me a day's notice. You can even bring Cliff and Marilyn with you, if you want!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Northridge is one of the Nebraska golf courses I have on my mental list to play "someday."

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home