Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We Have Clearance

Earlier this month I wrote about being bought by a jar of blackberry preserves. Char is okay with me going on this week long, five hundred mile bike ride. Yesterday I met with my new state director. He not only supports the idea but also seemed quite excited about it. The map shows the route we will be taking. You can click on the map to enlarge it.

Day 1: Thunder Bay, ON to Grand Marais, MN. 75 miles.
Day 2: Grand Marais, MN to Duluth, MN. 105 miles.
Day 3: Duluth, MN to Bayfield, WI. 85 miles.
Day 4: Bayfield, WI to Hayward, WI. 70 miles.
Day 5: Hayward, WI to Hinckley, MN. 87 miles.
Day 6: Hinckley, MN to St. Paul, MN. 75 miles.
Day 7: St. Paul, MN to Minneapolis, MN. 25 miles.

So, with the blessing from both bosses I guess I had better get busy. There are a lot more hurdles but I'll write about those later.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

First thing I'd have to do is get an appointment with my attorney to go over my will.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That will take some training, but I'm sure you will be prepared for it. This is super!
Lance who?

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Those are some looooonnngg days.
Best wishes on your ride. Yes, check your will and get a physical.
That is hot weather time, but those states keep fairly cool.
..

11:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh my Ralph! What a challenge to take on. You will have to really train a lot for this one I would think. I wish you all the best of luck. Do keep us posted.

Do we need to buy power bars and send them to you or anything?

5:13 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I was looking at the map Ralph. Over a hunder miles in one day?? I sure hope you will get a motor and put on that bike......

5:16 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I meant over a HUNDRED

5:17 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

My mind went in the same direction as Cliff's. It wasn't that long ago you were wondering if Char had discovered the life insurance policy. She's condoning this trip, so I guess she has! *G* Seriously though, I have every confidence that you'll make it. I remember the 500 (?) mile trip you did last year. Looking forward to reading more about your preparations as well as of the trip itself. :0)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I will be cheering for you!!!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Wow! That will be quite a trip! I'll ask "L" to take her hat off to you as I don't ever wear one. ;o)

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home