Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Clouds

Yesterday I glanced out the window and saw a large white cloud drift across the blue sky. I don’t know why but all the sudden I was thinking about my youth.

I remembered many times in my early, early years just lying on the cool grass, watching the clouds make their way across sky, trying to figure out what they looked like. Boats, trains, pirates, dragons, houses, trees, cars, and all sorts of wild animals could be seen in those puffy white clouds. We would spend hours watching the clouds and trying to show our friends what we saw.

I also remembered how the clouds would changes appearance as they moved. What might be a boat could easily be a giraffe within a minute or less.

Laying on the grass, watching the clouds – it might have been natures version of video games.

11 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I think you might be right Ralph, but nature's version is far more peaceful and relaxing.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Nice, Ralph.

That reminds me of two things:
1) I See Clouds From Both Sides Now; and
2) for several morniings now I have noted--actually thought about it--that we have been having only one cloud in the sky. It goes from one end of the earth to the other. And all across the middle.
Not nearly as pretty as yours by a long sight, ours are dreary.

How is your golf coming along?

10:11 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I've always loved that game myself. It's much better than a video game. Funny how often nature gets it right. :0)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I like nature's version a lot better than the real video games.
I used to look at my wall plaster and see shapes of animals and things too.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Very true, Ralph. I don't think that the kids today nor the parents take the time to stop and look up at the coluds, they teach you a lot!

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the day off to do projects (mow the grass, put in the air-conditioner, take down the storm windows, etc.)
Thanks to your post, my next task is to lay in the grass in the backyard.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Looks like an angel to me.

6:31 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

so what does that cloud look like to you?????

6:52 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

It looks to me like a shrimp with a helicopter blade.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Dan--shrimp with helicopter blade!--C

11:38 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Great nostalgic post. I'll always remember that game, too. Did you also wonder you could feel the earth move as you lay there?

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home