Friday, February 17, 2006

Kids and Veggies

Yesterday I talk with both our kids. Funny, how I still call them kids when they are in their twenties and out of the house. I suppose I could call them adults or even young adults but they will always be our kids. This made me think about having them around.

They are more or less out on their own. That does has some advantages. It also has some disadvantages. One of the disadvantages is they occasionally have missed Holidays and special occasions.

While talking to my daughter yesterday she said, “Say, I haven’t seen a picture of your lovely daughter on your blog for awhile.” This made me think of the Easter she was at school and couldn’t come home. We went ahead and sat a place for her at the table. As usual, she had to stay there until she ate all her vegetables.

Tiffany here is the picture as promised.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,
We have got to get a break from this cold weather. I think you've finally snapped!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm sure she'll be honored! Looks like a piece of shrimp on that plate too!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

cmon Ralph, get that kid some cocktail sauce.
BTW, good one.

7:42 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Been a while, sorry. I love it I will have to do that the next time I am a few short.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Great way to include her when she couldn't be there. You have a wonderful family! :0)

11:58 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Seems like your kids are trying to keep you straightened out. Glad you're feeling better now.
..

1:00 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

LOL! I should have done that the years my older two missed being home for Christmas! Great post!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

How cute! Your daughter will LOVE this. You did keep your promise to post a picture of her, and you literally did post a "picture" of her.

My daughter has always hated carrots. Seeing those carrots on that plate reminded me of her gagging the one or two bites that I would tell her she HAD to eat. After awhile, I realized she had a lifelong hatred of the dreaded orange veggie, so I didn't make her eat them anymore. I hope your daughter has learned to like them.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Very creative, Ralph.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home