Thursday, February 02, 2006

This is a Chair

Do you have a favorite chair? I do. In fact, I have several. If you walk into our family room, you will notice a sofa, a loveseat, and a large, beige, overstuffed recliner. I will offer you the recliner. It’s a sign of honor and respect. That and the fact it’s Char’s favorite chair – not mine. I prefer the sofa.

One of my favorite chairs is at my local office. I’ve had it for years so it is a little beat up. The fabric is wearing in places and there are a few holes in the armrests from it being shoved around but it is a comfortable chair. You can set in it but you will be cautioned not to play with any of the levers. It’s at the perfect setting and if you mess with it, you will be accused of slowing down my e-mail and crashing the hard drive on the computer as well. It is a great chair.

Then there are rocking chairs. I’ve never been a big rocking chair fan. Speaking of big, Char and I saw this one. That is Char standing under the chair. It is located on Highway 115 between Colorado Springs and Penrose at a place called Doxey’s Apple Shed.



It’s billed as the world’s largest rocking chair. I don’t know if it is or not. But, it is a little larger than Char’s overstuffed recliner.

13 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

That rocking chair must be for the giant to sit in (from Jack and the beanstalk), or the Jolly Green Giant, or....well you get the picture!

My spot is usually the right side of the sofa. The cat tried sleeping there but I moved her so much she finally figured out she could sleep just as well on the left hand side!

Sure hope no one at your office bothers your chair....

11:42 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

There's a furniture maker here in CT. who has a chair that size in his factory. Kids are allowed to climb on it during tours.

My favorite spot is at one end of the sofa. Whenever I get up, the dog and the female cat fight over who gets to curl up there. I'd be flattered, but I suspect it has more to do with the fact that I've warmed up the seat for the winner... *G*

12:38 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Now I understand why you're always wanting me to sit in the recliner. I prefer your loveseat. Your sofa puts me to sleep, and I feel like a turtle on his back in your recliner.
I've found the strenght of gravity to be the greatest around my big recliner here in the house.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I have my recliner and he has his. I spend a lot of time in mine. It is big and soft and oh-so-wonderful to sit on.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Marilyn claims she has her own recliner....me.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I don't currently have a recliner or rocker, but intend to have a favorite spot in my new digs... when I get there. YUP, I'm looking forward to it... no more furniture sized for someone 6'5" that I can barely get out of and can never get comfortable in...
I'm thinking maybe leather if I can afford it... if not, I'll wait for Santa to get me one for Christmas... his four elves are always looking for ideas for Mom.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid watching "All in the Family", I didn't understand why Archie got upset if someone sat in his chair. Now that I'm older, I get it.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Mrs. Jim has a rocking chair she got from her school for retiremnet. She has another rocker she stole from her mom when she set up house keeping years ago. She has a recliner upstairs she likes best for Sunday TV.
I like recliners too. The one in the living room is good for sleeping. I sleep on the upstairs buddy to hers while watching football or golf or NASCAR racing Sunday afternoons. Also have an antique paper wicker rocker I called mine back on the farm. I just look at it, it's not good for sleeping.
..

10:51 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Char? Chair? Char's Chair? Hmmm. There's gotta be a blog title in there somewhere.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Somebody has way too much time on their hands. someone also made a really big chair.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Miki said...

I love my rocker in my room, I don't sit in it, it collects various forms of stuff. you know the one, the doll, the sweaters, a dinner jacket, etc, but when I clean it off, I love the rocker. It was my mother's grandfather's or so the story goes.......

7:09 AM  
Blogger Astrid said...

I love rocking chairs, but I don't own one though. I would love to have this one, but I might have to move for the special occassion then!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home