Thursday, February 16, 2006

Sick Observations

While I am a little better, I’m still nowhere close to well. However, I do want to thank all of you for your well wishes. Today I made a keen observation.

Have you ever noticed when you are sick other people seem:
- ruder than normal
- they are very demanding
- they tend to fly off the handle at every little thing
- they are really impatient
- they seem unruly and unkempt

Wait a minute . . . I am standing in front of the mirror again.

While my wife will probably disagree, and at the risk of shocking most of you, I am not the most pleasant person to be around when I am sick.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Well Ralph, I think we all tend to be a little more grumpy when we are feeling like crap. It is very hard to believe that YOU would be that way though.

I hope you get well real soon though. Have some chicken soup.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. Don't feel too bad about the grumpiness, etc... most men seem to be that way when they are sick. ;o)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

It appears the 'magic' mirror made it from here to there just fine.
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I'm usually really grumpy and unreasonable the day before I get sick. Once the illness hits, I'm too weak to be nasty again until I start to feel better. *G* I hope in your case, the "feeling better" comes soon! :0)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Most people are the way that you descrie when really sick. I tend to whine and go to bed, where I whine some more. There are times that I act like my youngest, who is 4 and cry for my mommy, but that only happens when I am REALLY REALLY sick. So, Ralph, get better soon, and yes I agree with Rachel, if you can hold it down, have some chicken soup.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

I remember reading that list in Nursing 101...
or was it in the fine print on our marriage certificate....?

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home