Monday, February 20, 2006

Ladybugs

As much as I hate being sick it might have happened at a good time. The past four days has been bitterly cold here. According to the news one of those days, we broke a low temperature record that has been in place for over a hundred years. I really didn’t notice the cold that much – I was so sick my idea of ‘venturing out’ was to get off the sofa and walk across the room. The high today was 38 degrees and everyone was talking about the “heat wave”. Sorry, but 38 degrees does not classify as a heat wave.

I took this picture of ladybugs last summer. I have no idea why. I am about over being sick and I’m definitely ready for Spring. Bring on the ladybugs!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,
We had a freakishly warm day complete with tornados, right before the temps dropped again. As I went to bed there was a fly the size of a 747 buzzing around my bedroom. I had to get out my Cliff Morrow honorary flyswatter. Damn flies!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Our temps have been crazy too. Anywhere from 8 below to 50 degrees within a 24 hr. period! So I'm with you; bring on the ladybugs!

I'm glad you're feeling better, too. :0)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Those are 'lady' bugs? Man, you must have good eyes.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

The weatherman says it might get up to 38F here by Thursday. I'm looking forward to it. It's been in the 'teens for several days in Chicago...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I have already had a couple of ladybugs in the house recently. They are so hard to pick up and they emit this horrible foul smelling stuff when you do. Yuck!
I just toss their little butts outside.

Hope you are feeling better soon Ralph.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

That green grass looks so inviting. It is presently 37 degrees here.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ralph, my 7 year old nephew would tell us all that those are Japanese Beetles.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home