Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mex-Thai

We all grew up hearing the saying – opposites attract. That may be true but something just don't go together.

Earlier this week I was going to a meeting in a section of town I hadn’t been in for awhile. I was walking down the street and noticed a new restaurant called Mex-Thai. They were closed but the sign in the window promised, “Authentic Mexican Food and Genuine Thai Cuisine”. Now I’m sorry, but those two just to do not go together.

What a minute, maybe they do. Suddenly I have a strong urge for a curried chicken enchilada smothered with green chili. Well . . . maybe not.

14 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

I agree. Sounds like a double-barreled backfire to me.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like you better load up on some antacids first.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I just want to know what their kids look like.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Cliff
Now that is funny!!
Ralph

6:24 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

All I can think is "Ouch!" followed by a gasp for water.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I was there with Mrs. Jim this afternoon. We sampled several different ethnic sauces on chips of fried egg roll outer material at the William Sonoma store.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ralph, it's true, opposites do attract. Your wife is such a sweetheart and is so good looking.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

It's hard for me to picture Mex-Thai!

By the way, I now have a new fear... cracked teeth and root canals!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should write more about your daughter. She seems wonderful

2:08 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

She is wonderful, you should meet her. ;}

9:01 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

My Anonymous says I should write more about her too. She also is said to seem 'wonderful.'
I hope you didn't get food poisoning.
..

8:17 PM  
Blogger Astrid said...

I am a great fan of coffee and icecream, but I once ate coffee-icecream and .. UGH! Never again! Mex-Thai doesn't sound so bad to me at all. I love spicy stuff!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Are you dead? How bad WAS that Mex-Thai?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ralph, have you fallen off the bike and can't get up???

Oh Ralph, where art thou????

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home