Thursday, March 16, 2006

B & B

Several people asked about the bed and breakfast Char and I were at when I endured the bear attack. Okay – no one asked. But, it is a great place.

It’s called the Meadow Creek Bed and Breakfast and their website is located here. It is a stone lodge built in 1929 and originally was known as Casina Lontana. One thing I will mention is there is no television in the rooms. You have to create your entertainment. Char and I . . . well, I digress.

There is a great hot tub perfect for relaxing and sipping wine. They serve a wonderful breakfast at 9:00 AM daily. There are also many hiking trails located on the 34 acres. An author by the name of Beverly Lewis wrote about it in her novel called, ‘The Preacher’s Daughter’. That is how Char found it.

It’s a great place to get away for a few days. Just watch out for bears!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

It's a lovely place Ralph. I love B&B's!! I have never stayed at one but it's on my list of things to do! That one is in such a lovely setting too.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachel
If you decide to stay in one talk to Char. So far we have stayed in three or four and they have all been nice. She has picked them all. I went to my first one kicking and screaming. They are a lot different than the hotels I am use to. But, they are fun.
Ralph

2:57 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

My mind was drawn to a few points in your post Ralph. They were...I digress.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Glad that you and Char found SOMETHING to do to entertain yourselves...I digress! Seriously, the place looks fabulous! Glad that you had a nice time there, return often!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Nice looking joint! Calendar of activites sounds interesting, too...do I digress?

Ralph, I do have a Colorado mug. In fact, two. The only state with two. Must be special. (I recounted: I only have 32 mugs, not 38.)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I'd rather hear more about the famous bear attack.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home