Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sign

This sign has been proudly displayed in my kitchen for the almost five years. It is quite the conversation piece. The conversation usually starts like this:

Anybody: So . . . tell me about Cliff Morrow.
Me (looking at the sign): He’s a Burt County Supervisor.
Anybody: Do you know him?

This is the crossroads of the conversation. So far, I have told the truth about Cliff and the sign. But, one of these days I am going to blurt out, “No, never met him. But I have always been fascinated by the artistic quality of that sign - the way the red and blue compliments the white.”

I looked at that sign this morning before leaving and had several thoughts. The first was pretty standard – I need to go out there for a visit. The second was more serious. This is an election year for Cliff. As of March 1st, which was the deadline, no one signed up to run against him. No matter where you live, that is quite a compliment in today’s society. It means people like the job you’re doing. But, at a deeper level, it means that the people being represented know they are being listened to and their views and opinions are being carried forward. We need more elected officials that can and will do that.

Way to go Cliff. Keep up the good work. The sign will be up for another four years. We’ll be out for the election celebration party.

7 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Congratulations Cliff, and best of luck!

Ralph, I think I have the same model stove. *G*

11:04 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Thanks aravis, and thank you Ralph. You are too kind. This will make it easier to go and sit thru the all day workshop, for the county, today.
Thanks Buddy!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yep Ralph, it's time for another visit!

Congratulations Cliff! You must be doing a dandy job if no one is running against you!

I really like that sign in your kitchen. Love the colors and it seems to go with the decor just fine. I'd leave it up too!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff's got my vote.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Thanks, Ralph for doing this.

Thanks, Cliff, for doing a best ever job. I here about your capabilities way down here in texas (from relatives up there)!
..

11:28 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Boy, If I lived in Cliff's county, I'd give him a run for the money.
I grab a bullhorn and make speeches that would shake the ground and stir the soul... and Cliff would win handily.
The sign looks good up there.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I love the vote promises. Now if just one of you lived in my district.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home