Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tea Time

Boulder has never been one of my favorite Colorado communities. Truth is I go out of my way to avoid it. But, today, we made a trip there. There is a lot to see and do but you have to be willing to deal with the ‘attitude’ – not to be confused with ‘altitude’.

If you ever drank a cup of Celestial Seasonings tea, it would be worth a trip to see how and where it is made. It is the only plant in the world where Celestial Seasonings is made. The Boulder attitude is not present. The staff is extremely courteous and friendly.

Celestial Seasonings started from humble begins. Mo Siegel gathered wild herbs in the forests and canyons of the Rocky Mountains and made them into a healthy tea called Mo's 36. Now, 1.2 billion cups of Celestial Seasonings tea is consumed every year.

While waiting for the tour to start, you are invited to sample approximately 50 different types of teas. Sleepytime has and will always be my favorite. It must also be one of the most popular as the Celestial Seasonings factory is located on Sleepytime Drive.

A tour of the factory is impressive. The tea room is where they store the black, green, and white teas. In the mint room, the fragrance of peppermint and spearmint blend together and can clear out your sinuses in a matter of seconds. The factory is not extremely large but produces 10,000,000 bags of tea in twenty-four hours

If you are ever in Boulder, take the tour. It’s worth the time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Ralph. Thanks for the tour. Man that's a lot of tea. If the business ever goes bankrupt, I wonder who'll be left holding the bag.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I used to drink the Sleepy Time tea at a time when I was having a very difficult time sleeping. It seemed to help a bit. If I am ever in Boulder...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

*groaning over Cliff's comment*

This sounds like the perfect tour to take with my mother and siblings if we're ever out that way. She raised us to have a proper appreciation for tea. Perhaps it's her British upbringing. *G*

12:34 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds great! I like tea occasionally. That is a place I would enjoy touring.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a cold while I was in Houston and a co-worker insisted that I try some Echinacea Complete Care Wellness Tea by Celesial Seasonings. She said it would knock the cold right out. Well it didn't. But it tastes good.

Sounds like a fun tour.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

I thought Cliff was going to say that tea wasn't his bag.

6:14 AM  
Blogger chaindropz said...

I drink lemon zinger for colds and I drink wild berry zinger for other symptoms. stop by my chaindropz solutions blog. I have good information and laughs.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home