Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bird Man

It’s been a great Father’s Day. We actually celebrated Father’s Day a few weeks ago, before my first golf lesson. Tiffany and Nathan got me a new set of clubs and a bag. I think the thirty-year-old bag and the eight clubs, all different, might have been embarrassing them. They got me a nice set of clubs that should last for quite a few years.

Nathan is camping and Tiffany has a basketball camp today. They both called as well a Tiffany’s boyfriend, Jason, to wish me a happy Father’s Day.

So I got up early and went with the neighbors to play golf. Geno was pretty excited about going. He got a set of clubs a few days ago and they bought their father a set for this special day as well. So, we all went golfing.

First of all, it was pretty cheap. Seems likes Geno’s older brother knew someone who worked there. So here is how it came out:

9 holes of golf – No Charge
2 golf carts – No Charge
Breakfast - $10
Another 9 holes of golf – No Charge
2 golf carts – No Charge

It was GREAT. On the first nine, I got my first birdie – ever. One under par, never ever did that before – it was great. At breakfast, I asked everyone to call me “Bird Man” the rest of the day.

After a great breakfast, we went out to play another nine. Different hole but it happened again – I got another one under par thanks to an amazing putt. Now, with all that being said. There were also a few holes where had someone walked by I would have sold them that whole bag of clubs for $1.

But all in all, it was a great Father’s Day for Bird Man.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Okay bird man! I don't know what a birdie is, but I'll just assume it doesn't mean you hit a flying bird with your ball??

How nice to have a new bag and clubs! Glad you enjoyed your Father's Day, Bird Man.

8:00 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

happy fathers day bird man!! so glad you had a wonderful day!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Glad you had a happy Fathers Day.
You didn't mention your score.
At first I thought it was Putt-Putt (was it?). I guess it wasn't because you don't need any club except your putter for that.
..

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,
Sounds like you had a great Father's Day. Congratulations on the birdy, Bird Man!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

You've every right to preen, Bird Man! *G* Happy Father's Day. :0)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

What, nobody would buy breakfast for you????

7:08 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

That's why I thought it might be minature golf he was playing, a few birdies are expected. And Geno might like Putt-Putt a whole lot.
..

8:45 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

All hail the Bird Man. (is this where I salute?)

Congratulations on a good day! :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Jim and Marty - It was a par three course and my score was a 46. Funny thing about this game, for the previous three holes I shot a 6,7, and 6. I was having second thought then shot my first two. Nobody was more surprised than me when my long putts fell in.
Cliff - breakfast was really good and well worth the price.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home