Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fire Danger

Wildland fires are now a big threat in our state. For the past couple of weeks I have been reading all the predictions, warnings, and red flag alerts. A red flag alert is when you have extreme fire danger, strong winds, lightening, and little or no moisture.

Many long-range models and forecasts say that 2006 will be as bad as 2002, which was the worst fire season in our states history. That was the summer I spent only three nights in my own bed. I really don’t want to do that again.

But, it’s not just here where those kinds of fire conditions exist. The picture below shows that our friends in Canada are in the same predicament.
Now, that is a serious warning.

8 Comments:

Blogger EV said...

lol at that sign! Not to worry - it wasn't hard eneough to be a hazard.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Now that's dry.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Hysterical! Let's hope the wildlife isn't flatulent; I don't think they can read...

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But can a bear still crap in the woods?

10:52 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Fart before you go to Canada.

That is a wonderful pic, I might copy it.

We have electric signs on the freeways. They were there most of last summer and fall. Things aren't that dry for a minute.
..

9:03 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I hope you don't have any forest fires Ralph. I hate to hear of them. People lose homes and lives and then the poor animals! It's such a frightening thing.

What a sign!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

ha ha we are having the same problems here with wild fires but i need to show my husband and 3 boys that sign!!! maybe my house will smell better then. lol

11:50 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

HEY WE NEED THAT SIGN OUT HERE!!!!

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home