Reflections Not Resolutions
* last Spring I drove Orchard Mesa road near Palisade. I can still see and smell the apple trees blooming.
* took up golf and the kids getting me a set of golf clubs for Father’s Day.
* in May, I went to a conference in Nebraska. The conference was okay but I really enjoyed stopping to see Dan and Julie on the way out and then Cliff and Marilyn on the way back.
* Char’s graduation when she received her Master’s degree.
* Tiffany’s graduation from college in December.
* Nate and I finishing our golf lessons.
* the visit from Dan and Julie. Yes, golf was involved.
* driving Tiff out to Chicago so she could finish school.
* losing and then finding my cell phone at O’Hara International Airport.
* wine nights with Bobby and Tina.
* playing golf with Tiffany.
* playing lots of golf with Nate.
* getting beat at golf by my eight-year-old friend – Geno.
* playing golf with Bobby.
* the vacation Char and I took to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, and Capital Reef. That was a great vacation.
* attending the Morrow wedding in Lincoln.
* after the wedding, driving back to Denver to drop Char off, going back to Lincoln for a meeting where I became really, really sick. (Not all reflections are good).
* getting my first book “published”.
* having Tiffany's friend, Jason, come visit. We spent a couple of hours in the car telling each other jokes just to discover the place we were trying to visit was closed.
* doing the Palisade wine tour with Char and her high school friends. That too was a great trip.
* spending Thanksgiving at the Morrow’s farm and having the book signing.
* celebrating another anniversary with Char.
* Dan Morrow and his surprise visit. (Actually, it wasn’t a surprise I just got the weekends mixed up).
* celebrating Christmas a little differently this year.
* reading the posts of all my blogging friends and appreciating the comments you left on mine.
All said 2006 was a pretty good year.
Here is wishing you and yours a Happy New Year!